Buyer (Automotive) Coventry // // PermanentJob Reference: J0013026
Job Title: Buyer (Automotive)
Job Type: Permanent
Our client, a global organisation, are looking for an experienced buyer within the automotive industry.
You will be required to source, negotiate and buy goods, materials and services to meet the Company’s operational requirements and needs.
Based at our client’s Design office, located in the Midlands, you will work closely with our Operational and Design teams, as well as the Finance, Legal and Procurement teams within the company and their wider group.
This position is full time, working 38 hours over 5 days, Monday-Friday, however, a reduced week and other working patterns will of course be considered.
• Experience of working and negotiating with suppliers.
• Computer literacy, with advanced Excel skills/abilities.
• Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or similar qualification or studying towards CIPS qualification would be beneficial.
• Previous experience of working in a purchasing team preferably within an automotive or manufacturing environment.
• Experience of negotiating contracts, improving prices and terms of business with suppliers and to review opportunities.
• An appetite for a challenge and to make improvements.
• A positive and calm outlook with the ability to influence.
In return, you will be offered a fantastic opportunity to join our client’s Design UK team, with work that is both interesting and varied, working alongside a team of like-minded individuals, who share a common goal and vision. You will also be rewarded with a very competitive salary and package, with an opportunity to really make a difference and to make this role your own.