Lead Manufacturing Process Engineer Warwick // £23.73 to £25.73 per hour // ContractJob Reference: JO0013025
Job Title: Lead Manufacturing Process Engineer
• This role will provide engineering and technical support to design, develop and implement manufacturing production processes to enable successful launch of new products, ensuring feasibility of all designs to suit manufacturing build requirements, Design for Assembly (DFA) and compliance with the Bill of Process (BOP). This includes the creation of process, delivery of tools, jigs & fixtures, quality, data analysis and reporting of major issues, deployment of failure mode avoidance tools, support of cross-functional teams in the resolution of those issues on projects and the tracking of resolution through to completion.
• You’ll be part of a team of engineers, the role requires collaboration across functions to ensure we have established compliance with the BOP to deliver processes that meet our basic minute value (BMV) and quality targets.
• It is also important for us to share best practice across the platforms and between manufacturing plants to ensure we employ the best processes available wherever possible.
• Application of Lean Manufacturing and Design principles.
• Attend programme meetings at all levels and present where applicable.
• Feasibility of all designs to suit manufacturing build requirements.
• Design for Assembly (DFA).
• Build process strategy for manufacturing.
• Process Capability of all processes and equipment, including Dimensional Management applications.
• Quality Planning and Analysis for Manufacturing.
• Involvement in the departments work through development and monitoring of timing plans.
• Ensure adherence to Integrated Production System (IPS) deliverables.
• Manage technical issues and escalate where appropriate.
• Support physical builds at Plant locations, raising and managing issues where appropriate
3 key skills required:
• Relevant previous experience of Manufacturing / Engineering processes, tools and techniques.
• Flexible approach to job responsibilities and working hours.
• Demonstrable ability to create detailed and effective action plans.
• Functional scorecard monthly filing.
• Weekly team diagnostic report
• Knowledge of and involvement in the product development phase.
• Project management experience.
• Understanding of IPS requirements & Lean Manufacturing.
• Degree level in Manufacturing or a similar engineering discipline.
This role is deemed as “inside” IR35 by the End Client