Program Buyer // // PermanentJob Reference: J0012641
Job Title: Program Buyer
Main Function / Purpose of Job:
• The primary responsibility of the Program Buyer is the fulfilment of purchasing objectives within the Programme Team, co-ordination and procurement of direct material and related tooling and equipment for a specific programme in line with Company guidelines and procedures.
• This position of the purchasing representative within the project team responsible for program launches within the assigned product-line.
• A primary responsibility of this position is to ensure on-time Sourcing for programs and delivery at or below target cost for piece price, tooling, etc. as well as work effectively with the project team to meet targets for quality, delivery and other cost areas.
• This includes the development and implementation of a program sourcing strategy driving the sourcing of new components in line with the Commodity strategy for the allocated Programme.
• Driving cost reductions for Gap closure, supplier management thru timing and delivery, enhance quality performance and support programs till job1 + 90.
• The Program Buyer is also responsible for purchasing activities throughout initial program gateways for GDLS and launching process management.
• The Program Buyer leads purchasing activities for purchase components and material as a key member of the project core team.
• Review material costs on assigned programs regularly to identify opportunities for reductions and improvements and ensure the Supplier costs are within/lower than the Programme Budget.
• Ensure compliance with Purchasing processes and procedures.
• Coordinate regularly with Commodity Managers to provide new business leverage.
• Work with engineering, Strategic Commodity team, Program Managers, to ensure supplier performance and program deliverables are met.
• Lead program profitability improvement activities across the supply chain.
• Liaise with Strategic Commodity Buyer and Supplier Management, Communicate timings and sourcing milestones and cost target.
• Manage and process supplier impact of engineering changes (ECN) after completion of Initial Sourcing by the Commodity Team through job 1 plus 90 days.
• Participate in Product Development Team (PDT).
• Bill of Material, Tools and Equipment cost tracking and reporting.
• Identify cost and timing issues and resolve them. Escalation process if required. Communicate supplier risks to project team
• Represent Purchasing at a variety of reviews related to program launch (sourcing committee, design review, Launch Readiness review Executive Launch Reviews, program review, change management meeting, etc.)
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education & Experiences to fulfil role (essential & desirable):
• Commercial or technical degree or appropriate job experience
• 3 – 8 years within the industry, automotive or commodity related, purchasing experience operational and strategic involvement.
• In depth understanding of purchasing tools and practices.
• Ability to analyse cost structures/drivers relating to supplier price submissions and negotiate prices, timing, and terms.
• Deep knowledge of purchasing tools, negotiation methods, and business communications.
• Demonstrated performance in working cross-functionally and/or within a matrixed organization and working independently to obtain results.
• Working Knowledge of cost improvement/containment topics.
• Solid organizational and time/project management skills.
• Takes initiative, managing timelines, handle large workload and efficient.
• Team oriented with good communication skills.
• PC knowledge (MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Controlling and cost analysis knowledge.
• Fluent in English, German (preferred) and/or Swedish (preferred)
• Recruitment Consultant Gary Masser
• Tel: 02476446940