CNC Programmer/Operator Coventry, // £35,000 per year // PermanentJob Reference: J0012629
Job Title: CNC Programmer/Operator
Salary: Up to £35,000 per year
• Our Client wish to employ an experienced CNC Programmer/Operator, in order to develop the capabilities within the machining facility at its west midlands site.
• The company has recently invested in a CNC mill, lathe and Co-ordinate Measuring Machine to manufacture hardware to support a number of projects, and requires an experienced machinist who has the ability to operate a range of CNC machines, as well as develop programs both using the machine interface, and by the use of CAM software.
• In this role you will be sufficiently skilled to help teach a team of graduate engineers good engineering practice in relation to CNC machining components.
• Your primary objective will be to Analyse CAD models and/or drawings to determine the optimum method for manufacture, define the manufacturing sequence, cutting tools, speeds, feeds, as well as considering fixture requirements, then develop CNC machining programs, product prove out, modify and take the part into production.
• Consideration to any health and safety implications, inspection requirements and process optimisation will also be required.
• Good communication with other team members, and the management team will also be a prerequisite.
Key tasks include -
• The manufacture of prototype machined components in a variety of materials
• Development of CNC milling and turning programs that execute successfully, efficiently and safely
• Correctly reading of drawing / model requirements and analyse job orders
• Optimisation of tool paths
• Identifying cutting tools, speeds/feeds and fixturing are appropriate, taking into consideration the design requirements, materials and tolerancing
• Demonstrate the appropriate use of version control and libraries for the programs
• Guide other members of staff
Other Activities & Responsibilities
• Revision control of information supplied, and maintenance of manufacturing documentation
• Support production preparation to ensure smooth introduction and ramp-up into volume
• Develop and train graduate engineers
• Document process and engineering know-how to benefit future projects
• Generate reports, as required.
• Support daily stand-up meetings to prioritise work throughput
• Responsibility for an organised, clean and safe working environment
• Support the assembly and disassembly of all products.
• Experience of operating a range of CNC machines
• Experience in general machining techniques.
• Ability to manipulate CAD models
• Able to read component drawings and interpret geometric tolerances
• Use CAD models to create cutter paths, using CAM software
• Skilled in problem solving to achieve design intent
Training and Education
• Educated to City and Guilds or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
• CAD software training
• CNC machining training
• IT literate (competent user of MS products e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc
• 5 years minimum experience in OE production environment, preferably from the electro-mechanical sector.
• Motivated, innovative and someone who enjoys a challenge
Excellent package and opportunity. Call Rachel Adams NOW on 07810 000924 or apply online.