Workshop Manager Cropredy // £40,000 per year // PermanentJob Reference: J0012622
Job Title: Workshop Manager
Salary: Up to £40,000 per year dependent upon experience + Benefits and Bonus
This position will manage and lead a team of people ensuring sufficient demand, allocating workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop.
It requires the job holder to plan ahead, co-ordinate resources and liaise with internal and external key contacts to ensure work is delivered on time and to a high-quality standard.
• The Workshop Manager is responsible for all aspects of the workshop and is accountable to customers, holding responsibility for the work and the customer experience.
• In order to achieve this the Workshop Manager will be responsible for:
-Day-to-day running of the Service and Restoration teams
-Planning workload and proactively identifying when to generate more work for the workshop to ensure full utilization at all times
-Overseeing the Parts department to ensure workshop tasks are not unnecessarily delayed by unavailability of key parts
-Taking responsibility for the Client outcomes and ensuring clear timely communication
-Booking vehicles in and managing the workshop schedule to ensure timely delivery back to clients. Arranging the collection and delivery of vehicles
-Ensuring deadlines and targets are met and work is conducted in line with quality and safety requirements
• Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations. ?
• Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
• Identify when workshop will have excess capacity and suggest approaches to fill it before it becomes a problem (e.g. winter checks, safety checks, servicing deals etc)
• Ensure parts and material supplies are managed to minimize delays. ?
• Assist with quoting, project management, materials/parts purchasing and quality checks. ?
• Review the approach to time and job recording. Once agreed with CEO ensure correct job templates and numbers are used and that timesheet records are accurately recorded and allocated.
• Provide oversight and check job estimates.
• Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting invoices.
• Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays, deviations or concerns.
• Act as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested including R&D on our services.
• Work with the CEO to respond to client’s requests for updates on the status of their jobs and ensure information to the CEO and customer is accurate. ?
• Identify client’s needs and explain/demonstrate our services to them; may involve technical descriptions of products and the way they may be used. ?
• Receive and review feedback from customers and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction. ?
• Work with the CEO to investigate customer complaints and concerns arising from jobs/work performed and suggest appropriate solutions.
• Discuss with team to identify and detail the appropriate course of action gaining customer agreement.
• Work with IT systems to record, file and store information pertaining to client enquiries retaining confidentiality. ?
• Identify staff that require on-going training and implement training opportunities to ensure their skills are improved.
• Work with apprentices and semi-skilled staff to role model appropriate skills and behaviours. ?
• Provide feedback to staff that are not performing to the expected level and ensure human resources are informed of performance issues. ?
• Effectively coach and mentor staff in an appropriate and timely manner
• Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business. ?
• Passionate about cars and preferably with experience of Classic Cars.
• Proven experience coordinating a workshop and leading technicians
• Excellent customer liaison, leadership and people-management skills with an entrepreneurial and honest approach
• Must hold a full UK Driving Licence
Skills and Experience: ?
• Engineering Trade Qualification - preferably Mechanic or Bodyshop Technician or equivalent ?
• Strong interpersonal skills ?
• Ability to work with people at various levels from workshop floor to senior management ?
• Entrepreneurial mindset - Someone who can look beyond the initial customer enquiry and identify other business opportunities ??
• Knowledge of the classic car industry would be useful
• The ability to develop mutually beneficial technical partnerships alongside the CEO?
• Ability to review processes and improve efficiency
• People management skills ?
• Basic computer literacy including ideally Outlook, Word, Excel and web-based applications ?
• Customer, Quality and productivity focused ?
• Recruitment Consultant Pav Due
• Tel: 02476446940