Closure in White (CIW) Engineer // Highly Competitive // PermanentJob Reference: J0012561
Job Title: Closure in White (CIW) Engineer
Salary: Highly Competitive
The Role and Key Responsibilities:
• Create and develop robust Closures in White (CIW) systems such as Liftgate, Front and Rear Doors, Hoods and Fenders to achieve best-in-class vehicle systems, Noise Vibration Harshness (NVH) and crash performance.
• Utilise Design for Six Sigma methodologies as appropriate during the design, validation and launch of the program.
• Develop design concepts and production designs in CATIA V5/6.
• Establish system architecture and functional feasibility.
• Material and process selection to achieve the best cost to weight solution.
• Create vehicle-aligned component and system targets for function, cost, weight, and investment.
• Interpret CAE simulation results, provide design recommendations and integrate the feedback into product design.
• Optimise the concepts and designs with analytical and physical assessments ensuring conformation to Federal regulations governing assigned systems.
• Deliver world-class craftsmanship and fit/ finish.
• Support creation of component specification, component Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R), and other technical design documents.
• Participate in sourcing process and release parts for production in the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system.
• Interface with suppliers for manufacturing feasibility, validation, and other engineering activities as specified for the assigned commodity.
• Create (with component/ system supplier) component and sub-system design verification plans and test methods.
• Complete component and system validation as required ensuring system targets are met and optimized.
• Lead launch phase of production intent designs at assembly plant, issue resolution with support of manufacturing and quality teams.
Required knowledge, skills & experience:
• Bachelor of Science degree (or foreign equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, or in a closely related field.
• 5 plus years’ product design/release/launch experience with an automotive OEM directly or with suppliers.
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to integrate state-of-the-art design and manufacturing methods into product concepts and designs including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects with tight timing constraints.
• Knowledge of relevant manufacturing processes and lightweight, recyclable, and sustainable materials.
• Ability to work independently in a highly complex and fast-moving environment.
• Strong teamwork / program management skills.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities resolving complex issues.
• Demonstrated ability to work with interfacing component engineers, full service suppliers & program management.
• Solid written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in an automotive product development environment delivering a major program from concept through launch.
• Experience with FMVSS requirements and CAE required to deliver requirements.
• 6-Sigma experience and certification.
• Proficiency 500+ hours in CATIA V5/6 and/or Enovia.
• MS Office proficient.
• Travel requirements: Ability to travel up to 30% within and outside of the U.S. to various unanticipated project sites based on project needs.
• Stock options for every employee.
• Healthcare, dental, and vision benefits.
• 401k options.
• Engineering orientation and onboarding program.
• Daily catered lunches and food trucks onsite.
• Access to healthy snacks and beverages 24/7.
• 15 days of annual paid time off, 11 days of paid holiday.
• Relocation assistance/reimbursement.
• Free parking & carpool reimbursement.
• Casual dress code & relaxed work environment.
Excellent package and opportunity. Call Rachel Adams NOW on 07810 000924 or apply online.