Manager – Steering and Suspension Mechatronics // Highly Competitive // PermanentJob Reference: J0012558
Job Title: Manager – Steering and Suspension Mechatronics
Salary: Highly Competitive
• As a Manager on the Chassis team, you’ll be working with some of the industry’s brightest minds to create, refine, and launch world class suspension systems on world class vehicles for the modern age.
• Basically, you’ll spearhead the team that ensures the company’s cars handle and perform as well as they look.
Required knowledge, skills & experience:
• BSME / MSE or related study.
• 10+ years of relative experience in engineering and design.
• 3+ years of direct management experience.
• Efficiency with CATIA V5/V6, GD&T, as well as component and system-level test plans and technical specifications.
• Comfortable with defining wiring requirements based on current loads and run lengths.
• Strong familiarity with finite element analysis methodologies.
• Highly skilled in project management with respect to department and company deadlines.
• Able to effectively identify and improve performance concerns inside and outside the team.
• Proficient at motivating and effectively directing engineers to achieve team goals.
• Experience delivering system and vehicle-level attribute targets as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Preferred knowledge, skills & experience:
• A wide range of experience with motor design, hardware schematics, and PCB layouts.
• Experience with CANalyzer, Vector tools, Altium, or LTSpice is a plus.
• A diverse skillset including familiarity with structural component design as well as complex assembly designs including steel, aluminium, plastic, composites and hybrid constructions.
• Adept at delivering a high-volume design from initial concept to launch and on through production with restricted timelines.
• An aptitude for suspension kinematics to meet performance and cost targets.
• A wide range of experience with simulation software including, ABAQUS, ANSYS, Nastran, HyperWorks/ Optistruct.
• A proven track record of chassis system development from start to finish.
• A creative curiosity, collaborative work ethic, professional enthusiasm, and a driven personality.
• A penchant for multi-tasking and self-starting.
• A genuine fascination for the EV field and a commitment to global change.
• A true sense of determination… and hopefully a sense of humour.
• Stock options for every employee.
• Healthcare, dental, and vision benefits.
• 401k options.
• Engineering orientation and onboarding program.
• Daily catered lunches and food trucks onsite.
• Access to healthy snacks and beverages 24/7.
• 15 days of annual paid time off, 11 days of paid holiday.
• Relocation assistance/reimbursement.
• Free parking & carpool reimbursement.
• Casual dress code & relaxed work environment.
• Recruitment Consultant Gary Masser
• Tel: 02476446940