Manual Cylindrical Grinder Warwickshire // Competitive // ContractJob Reference: J0012553
Job Title: Manual Cylindrical Grinder
• We are currently looking for Manual Grinders, Setter/Operator, to increase capability/capacity due to increased expansion and growing order book, within the company’s High-Performance Transmission Products division.
• The vehicle engineering capabilities extend from quick turnaround concept design and demonstrator vehicle builds, through to turnkey volume passenger car programs, including full production design, prototype build, development and release responsibility.
• The focus is on the optimum use of digital tools to deliver high quality vehicles using the latest available technologies in the quickest possible time and at lowest cost.
• To set and operate universal manual grinding machines (kellenberger and jones-shipman)
• Grinding of components using magnetic chuck, 3-jaw chuck and between centres. (internal and external grinding)
• Grinding of aerospace and transmission components to ensure parts are to drawing and of an acceptable standard. Qualified to a respectable Level.
• Use of various inspection equipment, to determine size and surface finish.
• Small batch work working to engineering drawings and Route card.
• CNC Studer grinding experience would be advantages
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Candidates must be vigilant and diligent, with a good attention to detail, and able to maintain high standard of quality.
• You will be required to understand and interpret requirements accurately, by effective questioning, listening, clarification and implementing of information.
• Effective communication skills (verbal and written) in order to liaise with colleagues.
• Use of literacy skills to complete route cards, records, etc.
• An industrious and enquiring individual working alone or as part of a team, without direct supervision
• A willingness to learn new skills and advance their potential to becoming a competent and flexible member of the manufacturing team, and progress continuous improvement.
• Must have 5 years’ experience within a precision grinding environment.
• Must have completed Apprenticeship.
• 40 Hours per week with 3:30pm finish on Fridays
• Recruitment Consultant Grant Baker
• Tel: 02476446940