Design Engineer - Transmissions Warwickshire // Competitive // ContractJob Reference: J0012552
Job Title: Design Engineer - Transmissions
• Mechanical design engineer to work in a small experienced team producing layout and detail designs, predominantly for motorsport transmission projects.
• Mainly CAD based and working alongside production, but with significant customer and supplier interfacing, requiring a flexible approach and willingness to travel.
• Initially model updates/development
• CAD layout, detail design and drawings including PROE model generation, ProMechanica FEA, and calculations to support designs.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• A level Maths and Physics and first degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Ideally some experience in similar industry and knowledge of main platform CAD.
• Good first degree in mechanical or automotive engineering.
• Proficient in producing 3D solid models and manufacturing drawings using ProE or other main platform cad system.
• A working knowledge of FEA techniques would be an advantage.
• Proven experience in similar environment/rotating equipment design (recent graduates considered)
• Drafting to BS 308 / ISO 8062
• 40 Hours per week with 3:30pm finish on Fridays
• Recruitment Consultant Grant Baker
• Tel: 02476446940