ADAS Requirements and Diagnostics Engineer Warwick // £26.70 to £28.70 per hour // ContractJob Reference: J0012513
Job Title: ADAS Requirements and Diagnostics Engineer
Rate: From £26.70 to £28.70 per Hour Ltd Co.
• The role of ADAS Requirements and Diagnostics Engineer for ECUs and Sensors is based within the ADAS Systems & Subsystems Engineering group in Electrical Engineering
• The ADAS Systems & Subsystems group is responsible to complete all the system engineering deliverables required to design and deliver driver assistance features based on video, radar and ultrasonic technologies such as Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Assist, Automatic High Beam control, Intelligent Emergency Braking, Traffic Sign Recognition, Intelligent Speed Limiter, Rear View, Junction View, Cross Traffic Alert, 360 degree Plan View, Lane Change Merge Aid, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Traffic Jam Assist, Highway Assist
• Manage and coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of new systems and components (commodities).
• Operating in a cross-functional organisation, Lead Engineers will direct report into Group Leaders and where delivering on specific vehicle programmes have an additional matrix report into Module Leaders.
3 KEY SKILLS
1) Systems Engineering
2) Project / programme management
3) Requirements Management
• The successful applicant will need the following skills and qualifications:
• Ensuring all programme design solutions meet:
-Programme targets for cost and weight.
-Legal regulations & RMDV requirements.
-Optical Quality and PCPA requirements.
-Management of the design responsible supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
• Keeping all Module documentation up to date including:
-Meeting minutes Foundation & Programme DFMEAs
-Manage Change Request and expenditure forecasting
-Ensure all appropriate company standards are met through-out design maturation
-Provide input into new feature development
-Manage and resolve issues, escalating where required
-Requirements Definition and Exchange Diagnostics for System Design and ECU Design
• Previous experience within engineering or programme planning departments
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, self- confidence and a 'passion for the product'
• Ability to deliver with minimum supervision
• Ability to lead the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment
• A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, Change Control, Product Definition and Change Management processes
• Understanding of Quality methods, Failure Mode Avoidance and robustness.
• Six Sigma Green Belt qualification desirable
• Previous experience with company Product Development standards is desirable
• Working knowledge of Automotive Diagnostic Systems
• Preferably degree qualified
• 40 Hours per week with 3:30pm finish on Fridays
• Recruitment Consultant Pav Due
• Tel: 02476446940