Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer Europe Solihull // // Permanent
Job Reference: J0012511
Job Title: Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer Europe
The SQA Engineer - Europe leads the efforts to develop, implement and maintain supply base strategies from a quality perspective and supports the organization in meeting supplier quality related goals.
• Auditing of suppliers
• Development of suppliers on-site within Central and Eastern Europe
• Facilitate the supplier escalation process
• Support VA/VE activities
• Support in supplier risk assessments
• Corrective and preventive action review and follow up
• Provide input to Approved Supplier List
• Maintain a corporate IT supplier reporting/rating system
• Communicate and align activities between Corporate SQA and plant SQA
• Support maintenance of the Supplier Requirements Manual
• Interaction with the commodity and program buyers
• Support SQA4ALL initiatives
• Support Program Quality with ASQ activities at the supply base
-Supplier days & supplier launch readiness reviews
-Supplier APQP & PPAP verifications
-On-site witness of capacity verifications
Scope of Role:
• As part of the Procurement Team the Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer works closely together with the plant supplier quality resources, program launch and purchasing resources to achieve the corporate supply base development and supplier performance objectives.
Preferred Education & Experiences:
• Engineer in business engineering, chemistry, machinery or mechanics or equivalent through experience.
• 5 years of experience in the automotive industry, of which 3 years in a quality related position in a multinational environment
• Extensive knowledge of advanced quality planning and product validation tools (APQP, PPAP, VDA6) and of customer requirements.
• Good working knowledge of quality management systems (ISO9000, IATF 16949, VDA6).
• Basic knowledge of VA/VE and TPM
• Good communication skills.
• Excellent team player
• Fluent in English - Fluency in two European languages is recommended.
• Excellent Computer Literacy including MS-Office, MS-Project and Lotus Notes
• Recruitment Consultant Gary Masser
• Tel: 02476446940