Vehicle Dynamics Systems Owner Coventry // £45,000 to £52,000 per year // PermanentJob Reference: J0012443
Job Title: Vehicle Dynamics Systems Owner
Salary: Up to £52,000.00 per year
• Engine mounts.
• Wheels and tyres.
• To provide an exceptional driving experience, every chassis component needs to be honed to perfection.
• That takes all kinds of people, from designers to project managers.
• As the Vehicle Dynamics System Owner within the Core Vehicle Dynamics team, you’ll be part of a unique and evolving department within Chassis Engineering.
• You’ll take the lead from a technical aspect on the early strategy, definition, development and delivery of the adaptive systems, consisting of multiple new technologies and new applications of current technologies.
• In addition, you’ll lead technology developments in suspension damper modules, and be responsible for the vertical dynamics strategy, as well as the identification and creation of system requirements – including cascading requirements to components within the damper module and other required functions, such as Electrical and Controls.
• You’ll also be responsible for system interrogation, fault-finding and fixing, and you’ll develop and deploy test methods for sign-off of functionality at the appropriate levels of definition.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• You’ll already have an excellent track record of working with damper modules in various areas, such as ride and handling, loads management and Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH).
• It is essential that you have an understanding of the control methods used in the deployment of adaptive damping, modelling techniques, and test and measurement techniques.
• Along with excellent organisation and project planning skills, you’ll also be a strong communicator with the ability to influence others and easily engage with colleagues and stakeholders.
• To give you a distinct advantage, you’ll ideally have knowledge of MATLAB or Simulink, with experience using DSpace, CANape and Carmaker.
• Finally, an engineering degree is essential, however a degree specifically in mechatronics would be highly advantageous.
• Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme.
• Recruitment Consultant: Rob Marlow
• Tel: 01612164073