Steering Integration engineer Coventry // £45,000 to £52,000 per year // PermanentJob Reference: J0012442
Job Title: Steering Integration engineer
Salary: Up to £52,000.00 per year
• To engineer Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) and/or Rear Wheel Steering (RWS).
• The purpose of this role is to coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of software and functionality (software can be sourced from both the first-tier supplier and created in house).
• Operating in a cross-functional organisation, Lead Engineers will report into the relevant Group Leaders and, where delivering on specific vehicle programmes, have an additional matrix report into Programme/Module Leaders.
• The role requires the individual to lead the technical delivery in close co-operation with the supplier and company system interfaces, also to develop the commodity plan and ensure delivery to required quality, cost and time
• EPAS/RWS Software will be delivered on time for Program Integration Points
• EPAS/RWS Software will meet all functional requirements for the committed program gateways
• Deliver the EPAS/RWS Software Integration plan to quality, cost and time, including supporting the Lead Component Engineer with WERS input information.
• Work with In Vehicle Software Programmes (e.g. VECTOR CANALYZER, INCA and other supplier tools etc) to work in vehicle with software, validating functionality and diagnosing/fixing issues.
• Own and deliver the Software Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) deliverables
• Manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
• Manage vehicle test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues.
• Work closely with vehicle attribute teams and the supplier to develop software functionality and calibrations to achieve targets
• Ensure all appropriate company standards are met through-out software releasing activities
• Provide input into new feature developments
• Keep all Module documentation up to date including: Meeting minutes, integration point plans, vehicle test plans
• Key Interactions: Vehicle Engineers, group Leader, module Leaders (where delivering specific programmes), chassis Electronics Engineers, functional Safety Engineers, lead Component Engineers, senior Buyers, supplier Technical Assurance, external Suppliers.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Ability to author and verify EPAS/RWS functionality specification documents to ensure that the EPAS/RWS system delivered by the supplier will meet requirements
• Ability to operate CAN tools to interrogate vehicle networks, read logs and use the data to confirm functionality or solve problems
• Ability to plan in detail software delivery and testing
• Ability to manage the workload contribution from the supplier and the supporting the companies team members
• Ability to perform testing on vehicles, report on results and resolve issues.
• Experience of the companies processes including WERS releasing, AIM, APQP, FMEA, RMDV
• Recognised advanced driver training qualifications.
• Knowledge of functional safety, ISO 26262, ADAS feature developments.
• Understanding of software development processes and software authoring in an automotive context.
• A passion for the automotive industry and the potential of automotive technology
• Strong project management capabilities with the ability to multi task
• Comfortable challenging cross-functionally and at a variety of levels within the business
• Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to new ideas and inputs
• Capable of a hand on approach to investigating and diagnosing vehicle integration issues with software.
• A dynamic and determined individual, highly driven, committed and results-orientated with significant pace, energy and confidence. Able to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with strategic vision
• Able to deliver quality and consistency in a complex, highly demanding environment with a range of expectations on what customer-focussed solutions might look like
• Recruitment Consultant: Greg Auburn
• Tel: 01612164072