Chassis ADAS Project Leader Coventry // £45,000 to £52,000 per year // PermanentJob Reference: J0012441
Job Title: Chassis ADAS Project Leader
Salary: Up to £52,000.00 per year
• Chassis ADAS project leader is the principal link between pre-development, core ADAS development team, software delivery teams, vehicle program team, vehicle engineering, launch and core chassis engineering and is key to driving delivery of chassis content and attribute targets.
• The project leader (PL) role will ensure requirements of PCDS are met smoothly, to attribute performance targets, on time, and within program budgets for both material and development cost. Brand mobility and site mobility is expected.
• The role will involve short duration overseas travel.
• Resources can be redeployed to suit business needs cross brand.
• Chassis ADAS Project Leader is responsible for all aspects of program content delivery.
• Drive core programme delivery through to first application programme launch
• Ensure core ADAS technology development supports vehicle programmes
• Ensure development plan is aligned to supplier and technology partner activities.
• Lead problem resolution on multi-discipline technical and strategic incompatibilities, move roadblocks to all aspects of chassis content delivery
• Ensure material cost, tooling and D&D are delivered within programme targets
• Ensure all programme gateway requirements are delivered accurately and on time at each gateway; including product and component performance, timing, quality, weight and commercial deliverables.
• Responsible for supporting teams at multiple locations (home location and build launch location) to flexible working hours.
• Lead the compilation and presentation of Chassis status in various forums.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• This is a high visibility and challenging role, and key to the role is ensuring the vehicles we develop meet the programme and brand targets and delight customers.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential.
• Experience on working with international external business partners will be an advantage.
• Working knowledge of automotive software concepts and development processes will be an advantage.
• High levels of personal organisation and motivation are essential. Frequent exposure in senior forms can be expected.
• Excellent team leading capability is also essential. It will be a requirement to organise and drive the team to resolve cross functional issues.
• Excellent understanding of product delivery process is a requirement, including target setting and chassis sign off requirements.
• The role demands a strong level of technical knowledge and a broad understanding of chassis interfaces into other vehicle functions.
• A strong knowledge or PCDS is required. Familiarity with key product development systems & processes will be beneficial.
• Degree preferred.
• High drive, self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
• Candidates must be committed, flexible and able to work under pressure.
• Full UK driving license preferred.
• Travel to product launch and prototype build locations may be required, including international locations.
• Recruitment Consultant: Greg Auburn
• Tel: 01612164072