SVO Engineer Warwickshire // £24 to £26.05 per hour // ContractJob Reference: J0012439
Job Title: SVO Engineer
Rate: From £24.00 to £26.05 per Hour Ltd Co.
• Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) Division operates as a ‘business within the business’, set up with a nimble/commercially minded outlook to leverage the increasing desire of our customers to personalise their vehicles.
• Push the boundaries of the Brands to create high premium Niche Halo Performance & Luxury vehicles.
• Develop a range of Option Packs to enhance the Sporting and Lifestyle attributes of our vehicle range
• Enhance premium customer experience through vehicle personalisation and exclusivity
• Design and develop profitable range of vehicle accessories
• Programme Planner / Programme Lead Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Have demonstrable ability to lead the resolution of multiple complex technical issues within a team environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, self-confidence, and a passion for the product.
• Lead a cross functional team of peers, chair weekly programme steering team (PST) meetings and present in senior forums when required.
• Gateway & Deliverables management.
• Programme Direction Letter Authorship.
• Future Model Year Timing Plan Creation & Management.
• Identify long lead commodities to identify potential risks with the plan and identify sourcing priorities.
• Work with Lead Engineers and Suppliers to understand commodity lead times to ensure that parts and associated software are delivered in time to support project timescales.
• Develop and maintain vehicle specific BoM, Facilitate SVO Change through Core FCIM team participation.
• Work with Design & MS&S in development of robust product proposals and associated business cases
• Work within the project management framework to enable functions to deliver on time and to budget.
• Manage prototype and pre-production planning / scheduling meetings.
• Must be able to deliver with minimal supervision and take a methodical approach to managing own workload.
• Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
3 Key Skills:
1) Good level of Project / Programme Management Experience
2) Educated to degree level
3) Full UK Driving Licence
• Educated to degree level with a high level of computer literacy and have excellent knowledge of the product life cycle, product design and delivery processes.
• 2 years project / programme management experience.
• Hold a full UK driving license
• willingness to travel when required is essential.
• Project management Qualifications (APMP or Prince2)
• Previous Automotive programme management experience
• Engineering related degree Knowledge of AIMs/WERS/WIPS systems
• Understanding of PDCS gateway framework
• Demonstrable knowledge of - and previous experience of working with
• Product Development, Design, Marketing Sales & Service, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Operations and Supply / STA would be highly beneficial.
• 40 Hours per week with 3:30pm finish on Fridays
• Recruitment Consultant Grant Baker
• Tel: 02476446940