MP&L Engineer Warwick // £19 to £21.77 per hour // ContractJob Reference: J0012433
Job Title: MP&L Engineer
Rate: From £19.00 to £21.77 per Hour Ltd Co.
• Every day the Global MP&L team schedules and receives thousands of parts deliveries into our manufacturing sites, as well as coordinating the transport of finished vehicles worldwide.
• Working with hundreds of suppliers, with links to every function in the company, Global MP&L provides a vital role in the companies continued success.
• Advanced Programme Management sits within the UK Plant Group and is responsible for engagement with the Engineering, Manufacturing and Purchasing teams to create best in class supply chains and ensure flawless product launch.
• Develop business cases and conduct feasibility studies for UK manufacturing projects In conjunction with the MP&L Design for Logistics team challenge existing product designs and demonstrate how changes would deliver cost reductions to the supply chain
• Liaise with Purchasing to ensure that future component supplier selection ensures total cost sourcing Lead studies to understand if complexity is justifiable and identify lowest cost complexity management solution
• Represent MP&L at senior level business reviews
• Document and action lessons learnt Lead the LPAT (Logistics Programme Attribute Team) process for planned New Model programmes.
• Cost development and budgetary control
• Delivery of projects on time, at quality and on budget
• Key Interactions with other areas within MP&L (Central & Plant)
• Purchasing External Suppliers
3 Key Skills Required:
1) Supply Chain Experience
3) Strong Analytical Skills
• Analytical Self-starting and able to set strategy and key improvement actions
• Project management
• Degree qualified in a relevant subject (Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Management)
• Experience in Supply Chain / Automotive Packaging / Project Management.
• Product Development Manufacturing Knowledge
• Strong analytical skills and process improvement experience Project management skills Presentation
• Automotive logistics Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred Desirable
• Able to influence others in establishing robust solutions
• Good inter-personal skills.
• 40 Hours per week with 3:30pm finish on Fridays
• Recruitment Consultant Megan Clifton
• Tel: 02476446940