Suspension System Project Engineer Warwick // £20 to £22.64 per hour // ContractJob Reference: J0012231
Job Title:Suspension System Project Engineer
Rate: From £20.00 to £22.64 per Hour Ltd Co.
• The Suspension System Architecture Dept is responsible for the detailed design and release of the Sub Frames, Powertrain Mounting Components, Suspension Links & Knuckles and Compliant Mounting Systems (Bushes) for all company programmes.
• This role will focus on Structural Mounting System components on a particular platform within the company range.
• Agree component/system targets (stiffness, strength, etc) with CAE team and attribute areas
• Develop component CAD with the company’s CAD designers within available package to meet component targets for function, attributes, cost and weight.
• Work with purchase team to manage supplier nomination and sourcing process.
• Manage supplier delivery of components to agreed cost, timing and quality targets through Commodity Plans, Open Issues Lists, Supplier Reviews and regular Supplier communication
• Achieve ALL program milestone engineering deliverables, robust component signs off (DVP) and Phased Submission Warrant (PSW) in line with Programme timing.
• Chassis Engineering is responsible for the design and release of a number of key vehicle systems
• Suspension Systems Architecture (SSA), Suspension System Tuning (SST), Braking, Steering Wheels and Tyres (SWAT) and Axle Concepts and Chassis System Integration (AC&CSI).
• The Suspension System Architecture (SSA) team is responsible for the design, analysis and release of vehicle chassis structural components including suspension links, knuckles, bearings, bushes and frames.
• This includes developing and implementing system and component strategies, developing detailed designs and delivering Engineering sign-off against customer requirements.
• Engine & Transmission Structural Mounting Systems are relatively simple parts; however, they have significant interactions with other parts, and vehicle attributes.
• Delivery of these components and systems is an essential element in delivering successful and profitable programmes.
3 KEY SKILLS
1)Strong communication/team working/project management skills
2)essential Self-motivated and able to deliver components / tasks with minimum supervision.
3)Robust practical knowledge of engineering principles
• PC (MS Office) literacy - essential.
• Knowledge of design for castings, forgings and welded assemblies including manufacturing requirements.
• Working knowledge of Failure Mode Avoidance Quality Tools Highly motivated, enthusiastic and self-driven
• CAE stress / durability analysis CAD CATIA V5 / V6
• 40 Hours per week with 3:30pm finish on Fridays
• Recruitment Consultant Molly Quirke
• Tel: 02476446940