SVO Whole Vehicle Chassis Engineer Warwickshire // £25 to £27.85 per hour // ContractJob Reference: J0012227
Job Title:SVO Whole Vehicle Chassis Engineer
Rate: From £25.00 to £27.85 per Hour Ltd Co.
• The Opportunity Special Vehicle Operations is responsible for designing and creating a portfolio of brand extending products inspired by our two brands.
• We produce vehicles for our most discerning, demanding and enthusiastic customers.
• Our role is to amplify and build on the company’s core brand positioning namely the company’s Art of Performance and Above & Beyond.
• We are charged with developing a business within a business agile, nimble and entrepreneurial.
• The Armour Engineering team is responsible for producing products with class leading levels of protection to occupants against extreme attack, whilst retaining the luxury, refinement and off-road capability of the core product.
• The team is responsible for specification, testing and sign off, chassis updates, armour cell development, trim development and option development.
• The key role of the Armour Chassis Lead Engineer is to support the Armour Engineering Manager in ensuring that SVO Armouring Chassis content is delivered in line with program timing, cost, and quality and to manage engineering issues and to achieve a robust engineering sign off.
• Deliver robust Armour Chassis Systems on time, cost & quality
• Develop Chassis system DVPs to ensure robust system development
• Drive Product Quality (Current & Future)
• Responsibility for delivering the chassis system and commodity plan on Armoured products, on time with appropriate quality and at the right cost.
• Liaising with the SVO and core Chassis teams to lead the Armour specific chassis program content.
• Support the planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the Cycle Plan programmes and Cycle Plan studies, using Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS) principles in conjunction with other company processes as required.
• Contribute to the negotiation and agreement of targets for the Chassis System and ensure all programme deliverables are tracked, monitored, delivered and reported accurately and on time at each gateway and organise and lead appropriate interim review events.
• Manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
• Manage vehicle test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues
• Resolve issues with component engineering and vehicle attribute teams to develop designs that meet targets
• Ensure all appropriate company standards are met through-out design maturation
• Provide input into new feature development
• Ensure all programme design solutions meet: Programme targets for cost and weight, Legal regulations and Requirements Management & Design Verification documentation, Optical Quality and World Class Product Audit requirements
3 Key Skills:
1) Proven Chassis technical knowledge, to include whole vehicle chassis systems (brakes, wheels, tyres, subframes, exhaust etc) and ability to deliver from concept to production.
2) Ability to work autonomously and deliver a robust whole vehicle chassis system
3) Experience of the automotive industry
• Proven Chassis technical knowledge, to include whole vehicle chassis systems (brakes, wheels, tyres, subframes, exhaust etc)
• Experience of Engineering delivery from concept to production.
• Chassis System DV
• Ability to work autonomously and deliver a robust whole vehicle chassis system.
• Experience of the automotive or manufacturing industry
• Experience of developing technical requirements specifications and associated test plans
• Previous experience of managing resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment
• Experience of CATIA, Digibuck, Team Centre
• A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes
• Experience of delivering technical products through a team, utilising strong people management skills
• Experience of delivering projects in an automotive or manufacturing environment
• Proven ability to manage senior stakeholders and communicate at all levels
• Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
• Experience within the Armour/Heavy automotive industry.
• Experience of run flat systems
• Experience of CAE
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
• Experience of building and managing multiple internal and external relationships in complex stakeholder environments
• Automotive Engineering experience with an understanding of automotive product creation and delivery tools like enovia PLM
• Minimum 5 years’ experience
• Supplier management
• Software Skills - PC Literate, MS Office Proficiency, MS Project knowledge
• An individual with the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
• An individual with a customer first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
• An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
• An individual with the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning
• A resilient and enthusiastic who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
• A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
• An effective team player, actively develops and supports team members
• High drive, self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
• Candidates must be committed, flexible and able to work under pressure.
• The candidate must have a record of proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines.
• The candidate must be flexible with regard to multiple site working during launch.
• 40 Hours per week with 3:30pm finish on Fridays
• Recruitment Consultant Grant Baker
• Tel: 02476446940