Special Vehicle Operations Engineer Warwickshire // £23 to £25.61 per hour // ContractJob Reference: J0012226
Job Title:Special Vehicle Operations Engineer
Rate: From £23.00 to £25.61 per Hour Ltd Co.
• The Opportunity Special Vehicle Operations is responsible for designing and creating a portfolio of brand extending products inspired by our two brands.
• We produce vehicles for our most discerning, demanding and enthusiastic customers.
• Our role is to amplify and build on the company’s core brand positioning namely the Art of Performance and Above & Beyond.
• We are charged with developing a business within a business agile, nimble and entrepreneurial.
• The Armour Engineering team is responsible for producing products with class leading levels of protection to occupants against extreme attack, whilst retaining the luxury, refinement and off-road capability of the product.
• The team is responsible for specification, testing and sign off, chassis updates, armour cell development, trim development and option development.
• The key role of the Armour Project Leader is to support the Armour Engineering Manager in ensuring that SVO Armouring Programmes are delivered in line with program timing, cost, and quality and to manage engineering issues and to achieve a robust engineering sign off.
• Key Performance Indicators Delivery of strategies including partnerships
• Technical gateway delivery (IDJ, FDJ, PEC, FEC)
• PSW Phase 1 at TT
• Release status at FDJ that meets programme target
• AIMS status at technical gateways that meets programme
• Lead the Engineering delivery on all SVO Armour projects on a specific Platform, liaising with the functional managers (Chassis, body, powertrain, electrical, interior), on programmes in the pre- phase through to job 1 + 90.
• Lead Engineering PDL responses, liaise/ negotiate with core on ownership, develop tech feas (with APC), drive design feas (DPAT), co-ordinate project resources.
• Support core project DPAT, VIT, PST, VLBR as required to ensure SVO interests are covered and issues resolved.
• Liaise with core CoC’s to ensure platform architecture and systems are specified, agreed and capable of delivering features for armoured products.
• Support SVO Engineering launch support and support NML as required.
• Drive/ Support Engineering team on delivery, timing, cost, AIMs, concerns, quality etc.
• Drive SVO innovation projects into delivery, on a specific platform. ¿ Drive SVO Engineering process improvement, and platform strategy.
• Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
3 Key Skills:
1) Excellent communication skills: Ability to drive the team to deliver on-time, cost & Quality, ability to negotiate with other functions to achieve objectives and resolve issues is essential, then present technical challenges clearly.
2) Good knowledge & experience of delivering JLR Engineering Programmes (PCDS)
3) High drive, self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
• Good knowledge & experience of delivering the company’s Engineering Programmes (PCDS).
• Methodical detailed approach to work context.
• Customer first focused.
• Ability to negotiate with other functions to achieve objectives and resolve issues is essential.
• Ability to present complex data & issues to a varied audience.
• Negotiation and adaptability skills.
• The ability to manage complex technical issues is essential to balance the often-conflicting needs of the business, within project timing constraints.
• Both verbal and written communication skills are important to report technical issues across all levels, and these should be combined with a confident attitude.
• Must have a record of proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines.
• Be able to demonstrate high levels of leadership and people development skills.
• General knowledge of whole vehicle architecture and systems
• Understanding of all engineering deliverables required for the company’s processes
• An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
• Resilient and enthusiastic and responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
• A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
• An effective team player, actively develops and supports team members
• Must be flexible with regard to multiple site working during launch.
• High drive, self-motivated, able to work under pressure
• Ability to lead and influence
• Ability to manage a team.
• Be commercially aware, with a strong it’s my business outlook.
• Have an innovative approach both in terms of product and manufacturing methods (low cost)
• Proven engineering delivery discipline, ideally in a mechanical area.
• Experience within the Armour automotive industry.
• Knowledge of problem solving tools and techniques.
• Good understanding and knowledge of the company’s Quality systems.
• Proven experience of managing engineers.
• Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
• An individual with the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way, whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style.
• 40 Hours per week with 3:30pm finish on Fridays
• Recruitment Consultant Grant Baker
• Tel: 02476446940