Cooling Systems Specialist Engineer Coventry // £24 to £26 per hour // ContractJob Reference: J0012022
Job Title:Cooling Systems Specialist Engineer
Rate: From £24.00 to £26.00 per Hour Ltd Co.
• The Cooling System team are based at the company’s Engineering Centre as part of the Powertrain System Engineering Group working within the company’s Powertrain Engineering function.
• Supporting new vehicle programmes and current vehicle updates the primary purpose of the group is to design, validate and release for production fuel and urea systems and components.
• Working for the Cooling System team the prospective candidate will be responsible for completing D&R activities relating to conceptual package through to detail design.
• In conjunction with the platform Lead Engineer, Integration Lead and CAD engineers.
• The role will involve leading the development of component package, design, verification and release within the framework of the company’s Product Creation System
• Lead CAD Engineer for Component Package / Detailed Design to support Quotation Process Liaise with Integration team and CAE team to ensure component verification completed Liaise with supply base to ensure component production feasibility and supply
• Ensure the new cooling system components meet package and functional targets, complying with the company’s cooling system design specifications and guidelines
• Ensure 2D detailed drawings to support system / component release comply with the company’s fuel system design specifications and guidelines
• Complete relevant release processes for component parts within the company’s Part Releasing System
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
1)Ability to robustly follow process, with planning of activities and releases under minimum supervision to support component design and release
2)Good communication skills are essential to support a good working relationship with the Lead Engineer, CAD Engineer and key suppliers to allow the component package and design to be developed efficiently
3)Familiarity with vehicle installation requirements & powertrain functionality.
• Degree qualified in relevant discipline.
• Able to manage workload and work independently.
• Knowledge of Cooling System Component design or development.
• Knowledge of the vehicle manufacturing process is advantageous but not essential.
• Knowledge of GPDS / PCS Experience of component packaging/modelling and detailed design is essential.
• Delivery experience of electrified vehicle systems & battery electric vehicles.
• 40 Hours per week with 3:30pm finish on Fridays
• Recruitment Consultant Grant Baker
• Tel: 02476446940