I-PLM IT Functional Support Warwick // £36 to £38.39 per hour // ContractJob Reference: J0012021
Job Title:I-PLM IT Functional Support
Rate: From £36.00 to £38.39 per Hour Ltd Co.
• I-PLM Environment Production Support Specialist Responsibilities
• Work as part of the I-PLM Environments team to provide ongoing operational support of I-PLM IT systems for Dev/Test/Prod
• Collaborating with IT infrastructure build; middleware/DB and application Build Team and Dassault Systems SMEs in designated areas)
• Using Incident and Problem management processes
• Resolution of operational and performance issues
• Assist I-PLM Operations team in root cause analysis and address system configuration, operational and performance issues in the supported I-PLM environments
• Covering Linux/Win2008/2012 servers and Windows7 clients.
• Co-ordinate and implement changes following the company’s Change Management process.
• Work with infrastructure build, middleware and application development teams to build and support I-PLM 3D Experience (Dassault V6) environments
• Comprising Development, Test, User Validation, Training and Production environments.
• Support (Install/support/upgrade) I-PLM environments running on Linux (SLES); Windows 2008/2012 and Windows7, using SAN/NFS storage systems; Apache/WebSphere middleware and Oracle/SQL database servers within the company’s enterprise datacentres. Servers include virtualised (VMware) and physical servers.
• Analyse technical documentation from the company’s application vendors (e.g. Dassault Systems, ACE/ConfigIT) and work with designated SMEs to define installation and support procedures, as/when required.
• Document and share work procedures, installation tasks, scripts and `best practices within Environments Team.
• Maintain appropriate design and configuration documentation for use in operational handover to steady state support.
3 Key Skills:
1) Experienced UNIX (SLES) and Windows server systems support
2) Significant experience of systems installation, build and support experience ¿ covering systems administration and operational support tasks for IT environments of similar complexity and technical detail (see responsibilities section above)
3) Knowledge of 3D Experience / Enovia V5/V6 systems administration and operational support.
• Production support
• Incident and problem management
• Knowledge of Enovia V5/V6 systems administration and operational support.
• Demonstrable ability to own and carry out systems admin/support tasks without on-going supervision and oversight.
• Proven `user interaction and IT support experience including problem diagnostics and root-cause-analysis for systems supported by I-PLM environments team.
• Flexibility in working times, including ability to do overtime for systems support outside of normal (0800 - 1630) working hours.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi-site team and share workload - as required to meet operational deadlines
• Good communication skills both written and verbal English.
• BMC Remedy
• Experience of DBA, Networking and Security operational support, as part of providing IT operational support.
• Knowledge of PLM and automotive industry processes.
• Ability to develop and run scripts to automate manual processes
• Experience of working within the company’s IT/Operational support and knowledge of the company’s IT standards and IT processes.
• 40 Hours per week with 3:30pm finish on Fridays
• Recruitment Consultant Gary Masser
• Tel: 02476446940