Automotive Thermofluids CAE Engineer Coventry // £24 to £26.81 per hour // ContractJob Reference: J0011902
Job Title: Automotive Thermofluids CAE Engineer
Rate: From £24.00 to £26.81 per Hour Ltd Co.
• An Automotive Thermofluids CAE Engineer with proven modelling experience in engine systems.
• Based within the company’s internal Combustion Engine organisation you will be a member of the Thermofluids group.
• The role of the group is to optimise and validate the engine combustion, cooling, lubrication, fuel and turbo systems using both 1 and 3d computer aided engineering techniques.
• The department supports concept to production and is actively involved in each stage.
• Working as part of a small sub team you’d be responsible for applying proven CAE techniques, recommending design changes, developing your own solutions where necessary and supporting issues resolution activities.
• You'll be expected to liaise with design and development teams as well as working closely with the CAE project management team.
3 key skills required
1) Experience in applied 1d / 3d CFD techniques.
2) A good understanding of engine technologies.
3) A strong analytical capability, including a methodical and highly disciplined approach to data management and problem solving.
• Experience in applied 1d or 3d CFD techniques.
• It is expected that you’d be educated to degree level in engineering, science, or mathematics.
• A PhD in engine related Thermofluids CAE will be viewed favourably, but is not essential.
• Experience in the company CAE toolsets, GT, AMESim and StarCD/ CCM+ is desired, although candidates with experience in similar software will also be considered.
• Experience or exposure to physical testing will also be viewed favourable.
• 40 Hours per week with 3:30pm finish on Fridays
• Recruitment Consultant Grant Baker
• Tel: 02476446940