GDPR Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is collected, handled and processed by Envisage Recruitment Limited
Envisage Recruitment, of 12 Herald Way, Binley Industrial Estate, Coventry, CV3 2NY is the Data Controller.
We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with all applicable data protection laws in force from time to time. This is in line with the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR applies.
The Information we collect:
The information about you we may collect, hold and process is set out below:
(1) Information collected and processed for finding you a suitable role is as follows:
- Name *
- Address *
- Email Address/s *
- Telephone Number/s *
- CV/ Work History *
- Preferences, including role, preferred locations and salary expectation. *
- Any other work-related information you may provide us e.g. certificates. *
(2) Information in respect to individuals that have worked for us previously or may work for us is as follows:
- The above detailed in (1)
- Permit and visa information if required.
- Date of Birth
- National insurance number
- Umbrella information or Limited company information
- Full details regarding job offers and placements
- For some roles we may require outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance
- If applicable, medical information
- Financial Information, this includes but not limited to payroll details and terms, HMRC data, pension scheme details, court orders and statutory payments
- A log of our communications via Email and Telephone.
This information will have been provided, or will be provided, by you or a third party who we work with, such as a Job Board Company, another employment business or agency or Umbrella. In the case of references, these will be from your previous employer. Medical information may be supplied by a third party such as your GP, Consultant or Occupational Health. The outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance checks, where relevant, will be supplied by the Disclosure and Barring Service or other external company applicable to the placement.
How we use the information
The above information is used to provide our services to you in our capacity as a Recruitment Consultancy / agency to find you suitable work whether on a temporary or permanent basis based on your requirements as set out below.
The information under 1 above may be used as follows:
- To match your skill sets with job vacancies to help find a suitable position/s
- To submit your details to our clients to be considered for roles
- To place you with our clients
- To keep you informed of not only services offered by ourselves but also available and upcoming opportunities.
The information under 2 above may be used as follows:
- To establish your right to work
- To undertake relevant security and criminal record checks as required by our clients and prospective employers and as permitted by law
- To deal with any medical and health and safety issues relation to some positions
- To enable the processing and issuing of contractual arrangements and documentation one a role has been secured
- To be able to pay you if placed
How we hold the information
All the personal data we have is stored on our server and database based in the UK.
Disclosure of your information
Your CV and related information will be shared or sent to prospective employers and our clients. Once you have secured a placement, additional information will be provided to them to enable the placement to proceed. Such employers and clients will usually be located inside the European Economic Area (EEA) but may be outside of the EEA. Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the EEA unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection or the appropriate safeguards are in place for your rights and freedoms. Before such a transfer takes place outside of the EEA, we will provide you with further information concerning this.
We also share your information with our accounts department, which is a department within The Envisage Group, for the purpose of processing payroll.
Other trusted third parties that we may share your data with are as follows: HM Revenue and Customs, pension scheme providers, legal advisors and other companies for the purpose of undertaking pre-engagement checks for the role or for paying you. We may also share your information with an umbrella company if you chose to become a contractor under one.
What is the legal basis for processing the information?
We will rely on your consent to process the information marked with an * above which is collected at the start of the recruitment process.
Information and documentation to establish your right to work is processed by us as we are legally obliged to do so.
In respect of medical information, the basis for us processing this will depend on the circumstances but will usually be for one of the following reasons: it is necessary to protect health and safety or to prevent discrimination on the grounds of disability or where consent has been obtained, if required.
Information in relation to criminal record checks, which are relevant for some roles, will be processed on the basis that it is necessary for us to comply with the law or consent will be obtained, if required.
Once a position has been found for you, we will process your personal data, including financial information, for the purpose of you entering into a contract to fulfil your role and to enable us to pay you, depending on the specific contractual arrangements and circumstances.
For the purposes of paying you, where relevant, we are legally obliged to provide information to HMRC.
Once a placement has been secured, we may also process your data on the basis of our legitimate interests i.e. for administrative purposes.
Retention of your data
Your data will be retained for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with our Data Retention Policy.
Withdrawal of consent
If you have provided us with your consent to process your data, for the purpose of using our services and us finding you suitable work, you have the right to withdraw this at any time. In order to do so you should contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to Alex Cattell or Sinead Lally– email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to the Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be changed by us at any time. This Privacy Notice will be updated in due course to comply with the further requirements under the GDPR which comes into force on 25 May 2018.
Envisage Recruitment Limited 2018